Publications by Rick van Rein
Due to my work for Compuware/Uniface I have not been able to submit a lot of papers yet.
But I did build up a lot of ideas and currently I'm publishing more.
Specifying Processes with Dynamic Life Cycles. Rick van Rein. Published on CAiSE*00. ©2000 Springer-Verlag.
Keywords: object orientation, polymorphic creation and deletion, conceptual modelling, communication, state diagrams, life cycles, process algebra, component composition.
- Object Interoperability.
October 1999. Proceedings of the Object Interoperability workshop WOI'99 as part of ECOOP'99.
Authored by Antonio Vallecillo, Juan Hernandez and Jose M Troya, with contributions by the workshop participants (including me).
Protocol Assuring Universal Language. Rick van Rein, Maarten Fokkinga. Published on FMOODS'99.
Keywords: object orientation, interface, behaviour, role, protocol, process, type checking, CSP, Paul.
- Object Oriented Compiler Technology. Rick van Rein. Workshop presentation at the OOPSLA'94 workshop on object oriented compiler technology.
- An Object-Oriented Framework for Mapping Concurrent Applications to Parallel and Distributed Architectures. Rick van Rein. July 1994. MSc thesis written in the TRESE project.
- On Ultimate Reductions of Mathematical Formulae.
May 1998. PhD thesis written in the Quantum project.
In the pipeline
The following publications have been submitted or are being written momentarily.
- Wrapping Processes around Relational Databases.
Rick van Rein, Peter Apers.
- Integrating Formal Process Models into Practical Object-Oriented Models.
Rick van Rein.
Submitted to TOOLS Europe 2000.
- Life Cycle Semantics.
Maarten Fokkinga, Rick van Rein.
Currently work in progress.
- Home-grown CASE tools with XML and XSLT.
Rick van Rein, Richard Brinkman.
Submitted to the WME'00 workshop on the ECOOP 2000 conference.
- On Practical Verification of Processes.
Rick van Rein.
Accepted for the WOI'00 workshop on the ECOOP 2000 conference.
Refinement in Object-Oriented Analysis and Design.
MSc thesis by Rik Eshuis.
Global Aspects of System Protocols.
MSc thesis by Egbert Strijbos.